Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Retraction or CYA - You Decide!

Representative Phil Hare Issues a Retraction.

Due to the negative response received toRep. Hare's anti-constitutional comments caught on video and posted on You Tube in which he rationalized his vote for Obama's Health Care bill, the Representative issued this retraction.

As he states most eloquently, "I... uh... supports... uh... took an oath... uh... shoot, where are my notes... uh... don't pay attention to what I'm saying, folks, just look at the lovely picture of my family on my desk. I'm obviously a stand-up fellow just out to help the little guy. If I have to break the constitution that's okay."

Okay, maybe I'm paraphrasing, but that's what I got out of his canned speech.

It looks to me like this is more of a CYA (Cover Your A%@#) than a real retraction. But, you decide for yourself. When are we going to have representatives that are honorable men and women who take an oath and mean it - not just empty posturing when it's campaign time.

No comments:

Post a Comment